Stuart Gets Go-Ahead to Sell Stake in Timor Sea Permit
The Foreign Investment Review Board has notified its approval of the sale of Stuart's interest in Timor Sea petroleum exploration permit AC/P33 to PTTEP Australasia (Ashmore Cartier) Pty Ltd.
All conditions pertaining to this sale are now satisfied and as a consequence settlement on the sale will occur and:
- Stuart will receive approximately A$10 million at settlement.
- The Company will have approximately A$3 million cash at bank and a strong cash flow from its Cooper Basin oil production post settlement.
Stuart's Managing Director, Tino Guglielmo, welcomed the Foreign Investment Review Board advice: "Stuart has done well to take a position in the Timor Sea and to use its technical capabilities to add value and pass the project on at a profit. Our position in the Cooper/Eromanga Basin has been much strengthened with the recent award of acreage from the South Australian Government and the
Company plans to announce details of the first phase of its major 2010 and 2011 exploration program shortly."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Stuart Petroleum more info
- Stuart Notes DST Results from Acrasia 5 Well (Oct 22)
- Stuart Drills Ahead at Acrasia Well (Oct 11)
- Stuart to Commence Drilling at Acrasia Well (Oct 08)