BJ Services Secures Conductor-Driving Gig Offshore India
BJ Services has been awarded a contract to provide conductor-driving services for the petroleum operations being carried out offshore India in the Panna-Mukta and Mid & South Tapti Fields ("PMT Fields"), which are jointly operated by BG Exploration and Production India Limited, ONGC and Reliance Industries Limited.
Work on the contract commenced in Q4 2009. All related services are being provided by BJ Services dedicated personnel and equipment located at the Company's bases in India, Singapore and Dubai. The award of this contract follows on the heels of a number of successful conductor-driving operations carried out with diesel and hydraulic hammers for major operators in India during recent years.
"This is the first time that BJ Services has been engaged to provide conductor-driving services in the PMT Fields, so we are extremely pleased," said Kenny Watt, BJ Services, vice president of tubular and completion assembly services. "We view this opportunity to render these services as an exciting new phase in our ongoing relationship with the operators in the PMT Fields, as well as a significant step in further establishing BJ Services as the world’s premier conductor installation service company," he added.
BJ Services personnel will use hydraulic conductor installation hammers with a deliverable energy capacity of 90 kNm to drive the conductors in the PMT Fields. BJ's hammer services include an extensive global fleet of more than 55 conductor hammers that feature deliverable energy capacities of 70 kNm to 280 kNm.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Reliance Industries more info
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)