Lamprell Scores Platform Construction Contracts Offshore India
Lamprell has received a US $39.4 million new contract award from a leading oil and gas operator in India.
The Engineering, Procurement, Installation & Construction contract has been awarded to Lamprell and its consortium partner Swiber Offshore Construction Pte Ltd. ("Swiber"). Under the consortium arrangement Lamprell will design and construct two offshore wellhead platforms for an offshore gas field development in India, and Swiber will undertake the transportation, installation and pipeline aspects of the project. Lamprell's revenue from this contract is expected to be US $39.4 million.
The wellhead platforms comprise of piles, jacket and topside platform and Lamprell will undertake this project at its Jebel Ali facility. The load out weight of each platform (with jacket and piles) will be in excess of 2,000 tonnes. Delivery of the platforms at Lamprell's Jebel Ali quayside is scheduled for December 2010.
Commenting on the contract awards Nigel McCue, Chief Executive Officer, Lamprell said, "We are very pleased to have been awarded our first contract as a primary contractor in the Indian offshore market for the delivery of two offshore well head platforms. We are delighted that the contract is in a strategic growth area for Lamprell, which we have been targeting for some time, and together with our consortium partner, Swiber, we look forward to collaborating on similar projects going forward."
- Technip Bags Flexible Pipe Supply Gig Offshore Brunei (Aug 23)
- Lamprell Scores Platform Construction Contracts Offshore India (Feb 08)
- Swiber, Alam Maritim to Jointly Operate DLB Offshore Malaysia (Sep 17)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)