US Energy Secretary Steven Chu
(Click to Enlarge)
U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu will join an impressive list of speakers at CERAWeek 2010, March 8-12 at the Hilton Americas – Houston. Secretary Chu will deliver a keynote address Tuesday, March 9 at 12:30pm CT.
CERAWeek, now in its 29th year, is recognized as a leading forum offering insight into the energy future. Chaired by IHS Cambridge Energy Research Associates (IHS CERA) Chairman and Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Prize, Daniel Yergin, CERAWeek 2010 Energy: Building the New Future will convene an international group of industry, policy and financial leaders—along with leading researchers from IHS CERA -- to discuss the central energy challenges and opportunities.
Other Featured Speakers at CERAWeek 2010 include:
- Khalid Al-Falih, president and CEO, Saudi Aramco
- Hamad Rashid Al-Mohannadi, managing director and CEO, RasGas Company Limited
- Nariman Behravesh, chief economist, IHS
- Brandon Bethards, CEO, Babcock & Wilcox
- Philippe Boisseau, president gas and power, TOTAL
- Jean-Francois Cirelli, vice chairman and president, GdF SUEZ
- Theodore F. Craver, Jr., chairman, president and CEO, Edison International
- Peter Darbee, Chairman, president and chief executive officer, PG&E Corporation
- José Sergio Gabrielli de Azevedo, CEO, Petrobras
- Andy Inglis, chief executive, exploration and production, BP
- Philippe Joubert, executive vice president, Alstom, president of Alstom Power
- Andrew Liveris, chairman and chief executive officer, Dow Chemical Company
- Helge Lund, president and chief executive officer, Statoil
- Tan Sri Hassan Marican, president and chief executive officer, PETRONAS
- Alexander Medvedev, deputy chairman and general director of Gazprom Export, Gazprom
- Mike Morris, Chairman, president and CEO, American Electric Power Company Inc.
- James Mulva, Chairman, president and CEO, ConocoPhilips
- Richard Newell, administrator, US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
- Rajendra Kumar Pachauri, chairman (Nobel Laureate), Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Kjell Pederson, CEO, Petoro AS
- Ken Rogoff, professor of economics, Harvard University
- Paolo Scaroni, CEO, ENI Group
- Nobuo Tanaka executive director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Tom Walters, president gas and power marketing, ExxonMobil
Key CERAWeek 2010 themes include:
- Demand: Has the "Great Recession" caused a fundamental shift in energy demand?
- Future Investment in the Industry: What will be the short-term and long-term impacts of the economic slowdown on the energy industry?
- Economics: What is the future of the global economy?
- Future Fuel Mix: How will climate change, the economy, new technologies and new supply impact interfuel competition and technology choice?
- Climate Change: How will climate change legislation affect future investment and prices around the globe?
- Geopolitics: How will geopolitical forces impact energy prices and investment decisions?
- Company Strategy: In the midst of such political and economic uncertainty, which strategies are the most resilient to future shocks?
- Game Changers: What innovations will be the game changers in the new energy future? The electric car? Unconventional natural gas?
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Brent Crude Oil :
Light Crude Oil :
Natural Gas :
|Updated in last 24 hours|