GE Oil & Gas Adds to Drilling & Production Portfolio
GE Energy's Oilfield Technology (OFT) business has been realigned from GE Energy Services to GE Oil & Gas.
The move strengthens and expands GE Oil & Gas' Drilling & Production portfolio offering to customers, extending the business reach with world-class directional drilling, formation evaluation systems and wireline solutions for the exploration and production of oil and gas.
Claudi Santiago, president and CEO, GE Oil & Gas said, "Realigning Oilfield Technology into the GE Oil & Gas family is a logical step, enabling us to better serve our customers and boost our upstream portfolio with complementary technologies. OFT has established a technology leadership role in downhole solutions. I'm confident that customers will continue to benefit from the innovation and systems integration that GE provides across the entire oil and gas value-chain."
Headquartered in Yateley, Hampshire, U.K., OFT builds on the 30-year product line heritage of the Tensor, Reuter Stokes, Geolink and Sondex businesses. Today, with over 500 employees, OFT has grown to a global footprint of 14 facilities, including manufacturing sites in North America and Europe and sales offices in China and India.
- Baker Hughes Clinches Integrated Services Contract For PNG Gas Field (Aug 08)
- GE Sinks as Oil Outlook Sputters, Marring End of Immelt's Tenure (Jul 21)
- GE Wins US Antitrust Approval for Baker Hughes Tie-Up (Jun 12)
Company: GE Energy more info
- Rosneft Reveals New Alliance with GE (Jun 21)
- Trap Oil Agrees Debt Deal to Fund North Sea Assets (Jan 30)
- AGT: Australia's LNG Industry Lacks Engineers Over 5-Year Period (Jul 25)