Saipem Places ICCP Order for Offshore Italy FPSO
Cathelco has received an order from Saipem Energy Services SpA for ICCP equipment to protect an oil tanker which is being converted into an FPSO for use in the Aquila Oil Field off Brindisi, Italy.
After conversion, the FPSO will be operated by ENI SpA and will have a storage capacity of 700,000 barrels and a production capacity of 12,000 barrels per day.
The equipment supplied by Cathelco will provide the vessel with a 150 amp forward ICCP system and a 300 amp aft system. The forward system will utilize two 75 amp linear loop anodes and an arrangement of reference electrodes connected to a control panel, while the aft system will use four anodes.
In addition to providing corrosion protection for the hull over a 20 year period, the Cathelco system will also protect the rudder, propeller and mooring chains.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Cathelco Ltd more info
- Cathelco Tapped for ICCP Equipment for OKHA FPSO (Feb 03)
- Saipem Places ICCP Order for Offshore Italy FPSO (Feb 03)
- Pride South Atlantic Gets New ICCP System (Jan 18)