ConocoPhillips Buys More Time for Ekofisk Facilities
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (CoPSAS) has received consent to use Ekofisk 2/4 K and 2/4 E Tor beyond design lifetime. The consent to use 2/4 K is valid until December 31, 2028, and the consent to use Tor until December 31, 2015.
One of the requirements for granting the consent for further operation of the facilities is that CoPSAS has committed to replacing the existing living quarters facilities on Ekofisk Center to provide sufficient capacity for accommodation for future operations, maintenance, modifications and projects.
Tor is part of the Ekofisk area and is located 13 kilometers northeast of the Ekofisk Center.
The consent for Tor also includes the gangway and flare stack, including the jacket structure and use of the existing 14" multiphase pipeline to Ekofisk 2/4-J.
2/4 K is the manufacturer and supplier of purified sea water for injection and to Viktor Alpha (2009).
PSA Norway has been informed that drilling activities are expected to continue on Ekofisk 2/4 Kilo for some years in order to maintain the water injection wells. This maintenance requires a certain manning level, and there is therefore a need for access to the living quarter on this facility.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)