OGDCL Reports Gas Discovery, Onshore Pakistan
The Guddu Block Joint Venture comprising of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) as Operator (70%); IPR (25%); and Government Holdings (Pvt.) Limited (5% carried), has discovered gas from exploratory well Maru-1, which is located in District Ghotki, Sindh Province, onshore Pakistan.
The Maru discovery well was drilled down to a depth of 794 meters, with the objective of testing the hydrocarbon potential of Pirkoh Limestone formation, whereby sizeable reserves of gas have been found. The zone has tested 3.5 MMSCFD of gas through 40/64" choke.
- Jura Posts Test Results for Reti-2 Well in Pakistan's Central Indus Basin (May 28)
- Jura Abandons Ismail-1 Exploration Well in Pakistan's Guddu Block (May 20)
- OGDCL Makes Hydrocarbon Discovery at Pakistan Well (Jan 04)
Company: Government Holdings (Pvt.) Limited more info
- OGDCL Reports Gas Discovery, Onshore Pakistan (Jan 29)
- Pakistan Govt Awards Offshore Block License to Local Oil Company (Jul 05)