BHP Billiton Taps Wood Group for Angostura Work
Wood Group has been selected by BHP Billiton to provide commissioning services for the Angostura brownfield gas export expansion project, offshore Trinidad.
Work will be performed by DSI, Wood Group's commissioning services business. The Angostura field is being expanded with a gas export platform that will be linked to existing oil facilities. DSI's commissioning scope includes development of the commissioning plan and schedule, functional test procedures, the site materials control plan, permit-to-work management system, commissioning control and reporting process, the proprietary commissioning certification system (CCMS) as well as field execution of all commissioning activities.
DSI will work with the construction team to coordinate mechanical completion activities and documentation for the integrated topsides platform, jacket and piles, which are being fabricated in Morgan City, Louisiana. Pre-commissioning and commissioning activities will be conducted on site in Morgan City before offshore integration. Final functional and dynamic testing will occur offshore Trinidad by DSI prior to start-up and first product, expected during the first half of 2011.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)