Statoil Clinches Drilling Permit for North Sea Wellbore
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for wellbore 6608/10-14 S, which will be drilled by the Ocean Vanguard semisub.
The drilling program for wellbore 6608/10-14 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 128. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with a 63.95 percent ownership interest. Other licensees are Petoro AS (24.55 percent) and Eni Norge AS (11.50 percent).
Well 6608/10-14 S is located about 15 km northeast of the Norne field in the Norwegian Sea. The production license consists of parts of blocks 6608/10 and 6608/11. The production license was awarded in licensing round 10 B in 1986.
Wildcat well 6608/10-14 S is the 24th exploration well in production license 128.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)