NPD Grants North Sea Drilling Permit to Det Norske
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Det norske oljeselskap ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 16/1-11, which will be drilled by the Songa Delta semisub. The rig will arrive at the site after completing drilling in production license 476.
The drilling program for wellbore 16/1-11 relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production licence 001 B. Det norske is the operator with a 35 percent ownership interest. Other licensees are Bayerngas Produksjon Norge AS with 15 percent and Statoil Petroleum AS with a 50 percent ownership interest.
The area in this license consists of the central to northern part of block 16/1, about 20 km northeast of the 15/3-1 S Gudrun discovery in the central part of the North Sea. Production license 001 B was originally awarded in the first licensing round in 1965, and was subsequently carved out in 1999. This is the fourth well to be drilled in the production license.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)