OGX Hits Pay in Albian Section of OGX-5 Well
OGX has identified an oil-bearing interval in the Albian section of the well 1-OGX-5-RJS, located in the BM-C-43 block, in the shallow waters of the southern part of the Campos Basin. OGX holds a 100% working interest in this block.
An oil column of approximately 130 meters with around 30 meters of net pay was encountered in carbonate reservoirs. The drilling of OGX-5 is still in progress and is expected to reach a final depth of approximately 4,300 meters.
"These initial results from well OGX-5 are very encouraging, as they confirm that the high-quality carbonate reservoirs detected in wells OGX-2 and OGX-3 are also present in the southern reaches of our blocks," commented Paulo Mendonça, OGX's General Executive Officer.
The OGX-5 well is located in the BM-C-43 block and is situated approximately 79 kilometers off the coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro at a water depth of approximately 150 meters. The rig Ocean Ambassador, provided by Diamond Offshore, initiated the drilling activities on December 26, 2009.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: OGX more info
- AziLat Acquires OGX's Stakes in 2 Blocks Offshore Brazil (Oct 19)
- Brazil's Oleo e Gas to Cut 40% of Workforce (Jan 22)
- Brazil Regulator to Mull Revoking Block Rights of Batista Oil Company (Jan 28)