Cancellation Notice Received for FSO Africa
OSG announced that a notice of cancellation was received from Maersk Oil Qatar AS (MOQ) on January 21, 2010 concerning the FSO Africa, one of two vessels owned by a joint venture between OSG and Euronav N.V. and subject to a service contract with MOQ expiring in 2017.
The joint venture partners contest MOQ's right to terminate the contract.
The conversion of the FSO Africa is continuing and is near completion. The sister vessel, FSO Asia, has been operating on site at the Al Shaheen field offshore Qatar since January 4, 2010. The FSO Asia and FSO Africa are sophisticated floating storage and offloading (FSO) service vessels.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) more info
- Maersk Secures FSO for Al Shaheen Field (Aug 20)
- OSG Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend (Apr 16)
- OSG Closes Public Offering of Senior Notes (Mar 30)