OMNI Puts Cleaning Technology to Work on GOM Platform
OMNI has successfully executed a cleaning operation in an active production environment with its I.M.P.A.C.T. automated cleaning unit on an offshore production platform in the Gulf of Mexico for its first commercial client, Stone Energy Corp., an oil and gas exploration and production company headquartered in Lafayette, La.
I.M.P.A.C.T.'s unique, patent pending, proprietary technology uses the vessel’s operating pressure and existing internal fluid to mechanically remove solid waste without the need to shut-in production and provides many advantages including:
- simple cost-effective retrofit installation;
- improved safety and efficiency of offshore tank and vessel cleaning by dramatically reducing confined space entry exposure;
- elimination or significant reduction of fluid waste by reintroducing polished fluid back into the production stream; and
- extraction of solids from low-pressure applications, including separators, skimmers and treaters.
"We are extremely pleased with this successful test of our system in a live commercial production confirming the benefits of this system to our clients as well as the enhanced safety to our employees," said OMNI President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Recatto. Mr. Recatto further stated, "In November 2009, we installed three I.M.P.A.C.T. cleaning devices on one offshore production platform. Yesterday, we were able to successfully remove all of the solids from these vessels without confined space entry or a production shut-in. The complete process took less than 24 hours to complete. We expect I.M.P.A.C.T. to become the standard for conventional tank and vessel cleaning, transforming the undertaking from a high risk, economically costly and environmentally damaging operation, to a safer, more cost-efficient, environmentally sensitive process."
Kevin Hurst, Stone's Offshore Production Manager, commented, "We are very pleased with the successful implementation and testing of the I.M.P.A.C.T. system on our facility. We anticipate that this will increase our productivity, minimize downtime and dramatically improve the safety of our offshore environment with respect to required vessel cleaning."
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
- Technip Wins 2 Subsea Contracts in Gulf of Mexico (Jan 27)
- Eco-Trade Acquires South Bakken Prospect (Dec 07)
Company: OMNI Energy Services more info
- OMNI Puts Cleaning Technology to Work on GOM Platform (Jan 21)
- OMNI Installs First I.M.P.A.C.T. Systems Offshore (Nov 17)
- OMNI Scores Seismic Drilling Contract in Marcellus Shale (Oct 21)