Patterson-UTI Nixes Drilling & Completion Fluid Services
Patterson-UTI has exited the drilling and completion fluid services business. Patterson-UTI's subsidiary, Ambar Lone Star Fluid Services LLC, today completed the sale of substantially all of its assets, other than billed accounts receivable, to National Oilwell Varco, L.P.
The net cash proceeds from the sale and collection of billed accounts receivable, net of the payment of accrued expenses and transaction costs are expected to be approximately $48 million. Patterson-UTI expects to record a small loss on this transaction.
- Walking Oil Rigs Spur Cheaper, Quicker Drilling in Supply Glut (Sep 01)
- Patterson-UTI to Sell Stakes (May 10)
- Patterson-UTI Reports Rig Count for March (Apr 02)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Shale Drilling Technology to Head Overseas in Next Market Upturn (Oct 27)
- NOV Lays Off 54 Houston Workers as Part of Consolidation (Sep 13)