Ferguson Modular to Install Accommodation Block Off Kazakhstan
International offshore accommodation specialist Ferguson Modular Ltd, part of the Ferguson Group, has secured one of its most significant contract wins to supply a £4.5million accommodation block to a project in the Caspian.
The contract with Saipem subsidiary NCSC in Kazakhstan will involve Ferguson Modular providing a complete accommodation complex, including galley, mess, medic, store, freezer and laundry facilities as well as accommodation for up to 108 POB (people on board).
The four-story block will be installed on the dredging barge Castoro 16 at Kuryk, Kazakhstan in Spring 2010. The barge is then scheduled to carry out trenching activities in shallow water in the North Caspian.
The accommodation modules have been designed to DNV 2.7-1 / EN 12079 certification, incorporating the latest HSE standards (Ferguson Modular holds BS EN ISO 9001:2008, BS EN ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications) and all are manufactured in-house guaranteeing the highest standards.
Gary Wilson, director of business development for Ferguson Modular, said, "The modular design of our accommodation complex, and our previous experience in providing complexes of this size, meant that we were able to respond very quickly with a highly cost effective solution to meet the 8-10 week delivery schedule required by our client. We have invested -- and will continue to invest -- heavily in increasing our fleet of accommodation modules available and in expanding into new international locations to meet the requirements of new and existing clients around the world.
"We are delighted to continue our ongoing relationship with Saipem and we look forward to working with them on this key project."
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Ferguson Modular more info
- Ferguson Modular Invests in New Modules for Norwegian Fleet (Oct 18)
- Ferguson Modular Appoints New Business Development Manager (Jun 22)
- Ferguson Modular Awards Outfitting Contracts for Support Vessel (Mar 23)
Company: Ferguson Group more info
- Ferguson Expands Fleet Size in Malaysia to Grow its Southeast Asia Business (Mar 12)
- Ferguson Partners OPS-OES to Tap Business in Thailand's Oil, Gas Sector (Mar 04)
- Ferguson Group Extends Middle East Presence (Jan 31)