Tullow Spuds New Ruvuma Prospect in Tanzania
Aminex announced that it has been advised by Tullow Oil, operator of the Ruvuma PSA in southern Tanzania, that the Likonde-1 well was spudded at 7.30 hrs on January 9, 2010. Likonde-1 well will test multiple targets in the Tertiary, Cretaceous, and Permo-Trias Karoo intervals.
Participants in the well are Tullow 50%, Ndovu Resources Ltd. (an Aminex company) 37.5% and Solo Oil 12.5%.
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Solo Oil PLC more info
- Solo Oil: Ntorya-2 Rig Mobilization Underway, Spud Expected December (Oct 18)
- Solo Oil Opts Out of Immediate Option to Extend KNDL Equity (Sep 07)
- Horse Hill License Extensions Secured (Jul 05)