Petroamerica Takes Bite of Petrobras' Balay Block
Petroamerica, through its wholly-owned Panamanian subsidiary, Petroamerica International Corp., has entered into a formal farm-in agreement with Petrobras Colombia Limited on the Balay Block which is located in the Llanos Basin of Colombia.
Pursuant to the Agreement, and subject to the previous and written approvals of the National Hydrocarbon Agency ("ANH") and the other Party on the Balay Block, to earn 15% in the Balay Block, the Company will pay 25% of the first well, Balay-1 (the "First Well"), and 15% in back costs for a recently acquired 3D seismic program ("Seismic"). The First Well was spud on November 28, 2009 and is expected to reach total depth in February 2010.
The Balay Block lies to the north east of the Corcel Block and recent discoveries located in the Llanos Basin of Colombia.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)
Company: Petroamerica more info
- Petroamerica Updates Testing Results from Colombia Well (Apr 09)
- Drilling Commenced at Pacific Rubiales' Colombia Well (Jul 11)
- Petroamerica to Farm-Out Los Ocarros Block (Jul 05)