Aminex: Ruvuma Drilling Program To Begin This Week
Likonde-1, the first well to be drilled on the Ruvuma PSA in Tanzania, is due to be spudded on 7 January 2010 and drilled to a programmed total depth of 3,200 meters. Drilling time is estimated to be around two months, subject to any operational delays which can occur in a remote frontier area.
The Likonde prospect is a robust faulted rollover structure with the potential for 500 million barrels of oil in place and estimated P10 recoverable reserves in excess of 150 million barrels of oil, risked by Aminex at a 1 in 4 chance of success. The Likonde-1 well will test multiple targets in the Tertiary, Cretaceous, and Permo-Trias Karoo intervals.
A further announcement will be made to confirm that the well has actually been spudded. Pursuant to a recent farm-out, finalisation of which was announced on 15 December, interests in Likonde-1 are Tullow Oil (operator) 50%, Aminex 37.5% and Solo Oil PLC 12.5%.
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Solo Oil PLC more info
- Solo Oil: Ntorya-2 Rig Mobilization Underway, Spud Expected December (Oct 18)
- Solo Oil Opts Out of Immediate Option to Extend KNDL Equity (Sep 07)
- Horse Hill License Extensions Secured (Jul 05)