Statoil Gets Thumbs Up to Drill North Sea Well West of Vega
Statoil has received consent for exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea using Diamond Offshore's Ocean Vanguard semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 6608/10-14 S which is part of production license 128. The well lies approximately 165 kilometers west of the island of Vega and has the following geographical coordinates: N 66° 8' 58.5", E 8° 14' 45.7". The water depth at the site is 352 meters.
According to the application for consent start-up is scheduled for the end of January 2010. The operation has an estimated duration of 47 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)