Detnor Drills a Duster at Skardkollen Prospect
Det norske, operator of production license 408, has completed the drilling of exploration well 15/9-23 with the semisubmersible rig Bredford Dolphin.
The well is located between the Sleipner- and Varg Fields approximately 240 km west of Stavanger, and only 5 km north of the recent Grevling oil discovery, well 15/12-21/21A.
The well objective was to prove hydrocarbons in Middle Jurassic and Late Triassic reservoir rocks (Vestland- and Hegre Groups). The well is dry.
The well was the first to be drilled in production license 408, which was awarded after APA 2006 February 16, 2007.
The well was drilled to a total depth of 3200m subsea, and was completed in Triassic rocks (Skagerrak Formation).
The water depth at the location is 84.5m. The well will now be permanently plugged and abandoned.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)