Stena Forth to Spin Bit in Greenland's Disko West Area
Cairn has secured a rig to allow it to commence a drilling program in the Disko West area, offshore Western Greenland, in 2H2010.
A sixth generation dynamically positioned drillship, the Stena Forth, has been contracted to start operations in the summer drilling season (June-October) on Cairn's Disko West acreage in Greenland subject to all required government approvals.
The Stena Forth is currently under contract to Hess Corporation. Cairn has reached agreement with Hess and Stena Drilling to take an assignment of the Stena Forth for a period of approximately six months.
Sir Bill Gammell, Cairn's Chief Executive, said, "We are delighted to have secured a rig that allows Cairn to move forward with its Greenland drilling programme in 2010, a year earlier than previously scheduled. We are now equipped to commence drilling with a vessel that offers considerable operational flexibility."
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)