Rancho Hermoso Spies Hydrocarbons Onshore Colombia
Ecopetrol has announced that drilling at the Rancho Hermoso-5 well has confirmed the presence of hydrocarbons in the Guadalupe and Los Cuervos formations in the Rancho Hermoso block, located on the basin of the Eastern Plains in the province of Casanare, Colombia.
The Rancho Hermoso-5 well was drilled by Canacol Energy Ltd with the intent of testing the southern extension of the Rancho Hermoso field. The well reached a depth of 9,587 feet (9,187 feet, vertical), crossing the potential reservoirs of Mirador, Los Cuervos and Guadalupe.
The results of the initial tests carried out by the operator report that (i) the Guadalupe formation reached a production of 3,990 barrels of oil per day 33 API degrees and approximately 400,000 cubic feet of gas per day and (ii) Los Cuervos formation (located above the Guadalupe formation) reached a production of 4,434 barrels of oil per day, 36 API degrees and 400,000 cubic feet of gas per day. Formation tests in the Mirador formation are still pending.
The Rancho Hermoso-5 well was drilled pursuant to the following contracts:
- The Casanare Area Risk Production Service Contract, which was entered into on July 22, 1999 and covers the Mirador formation. Under this contract, Ecopetrol has a 100% production share and pays the operator a fee; and
- The Casanare Area - Rancho Hermoso Participation Agreement, which was entered into on April 30, 2007 and covers the Carbonera, Guadalupe, Barco, Cuervo and Ubaque formations. Under this contract, Ecopetrol has a 70% production share, and expenses as well as associated investments are to be made at the expense of the operator, Rancho Hermoso S.A.
The operator will continue carrying out initial tests at the Rancho Hermoso-5 well to determine (i) the potential of these formations and (ii) the best completion and production strategy for them.
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Rancho Hermoso more info
- Rancho Hermoso Spies Hydrocarbons Onshore Colombia (Dec 18)
- ANH Receives 22 Offers for E&P Round (Oct 04)
- Radial Energy Terminates Rancho Hermoso Acquisition (Aug 03)