SBM Offshore to Lease FPSO Espadarte to Petrobras for $1.7B
SBM Offshore announced that a letter of intent has been received from Petrobras for a lease and operate contract of the Company's existing FPSO Espadarte for a period of 18 years on the Baleia Azul field offshore Brazil.
The FPSO Espadarte will be disconnected from its current location at the Espadarte field offshore Brazil and after transfer to a shipyard, the FPSO will be modified and upgraded for the new project and will then transfer back to Brazil for offshore hook up, installation and operation on the Baleia Azul field.
The planned disconnection of the FPSO from the Espadarte field is in April 2011 and first oil at the Baleia Azul field is planned in July 2012. The FPSO will require a significant additional capex investment for the Baleia Azul field.
The non-discounted total of the fixed lease rates payable for this contract amounts to approximately US $1.7 billion.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)