GustoMSC Delivers 9 Proprietary Designs in 2nd Half of 2009
GustoMSC, a subsidiary of the SBM Offshore group, has about 30 of its proprietary designs still under construction. GustoMSC is a leading design and engineering company based in the Netherlands and involved in all types of mobile offshore units, including jackups, semisubmersible units and ship-shape vessels and turnkey delivery of associated equipment such as jacking systems and offshore cranes.
The following units were delivered in the 2nd half of 2009:
JB-114 & JB-115
These two construction jackups of the GustoMSC SEA2000 series have been delivered by Drydocks World -- South East Asia to Jack-up Barge BV in June 2009.
The Seajacks Leviathan, a GustoMSC NG2500-X unit, is a sister vessel of the Seajacks Kraken. The Leviathan was delivered by Lamprell Energy to Seajacks in June 2009. The unit is currently under contract for Fluor at the Greater Gabbard offshore wind farm.
The Maersk Reacher is number four of the GustoMSC CJ50-X100, delivered by Keppel FELS to Maersk Drilling in July 2009. This rig can operate in a water depth of 350 ft and, with its modern drilling equipment centered around the GustoMSC X-Y cantilever, has proven to be an efficient drilling unit. The first rig, Maersk Resilient, has commenced operations in February 2008 for Dubai Petroleum Establishment.
The Goliath, a GustoMSC SEA2000 unit, has been delivered by Iemants to GEOSEA in August 2009. The unit was on its first job one week after delivery to install Offshore Wind Turbines.
The Maersk Discoverer is of the DSS21 class, developed by GustoMSC and Keppel DTG as the top of the line DP drilling semi-submersible for deepwater development and exploration drilling. The Maersk Developer, the first of the series of three, is presently operating in the Gulf of Mexico for a 4 years contract with Statoil.
Naga 2 and Perro Negro 6
The Naga 2 and Perro Negro 6 are GustoMSC CJ46-X100-D jackup drilling units for 350 ft water depth. Both units were delivered by Drydocks World -- South East Asia to their respective owners UMW Singapore Drilling and Saipem, in September and October 2009. These units are part of a series of four at this yard.
The Gold Star is a DSS38 unit, developed by GustoMSC and Keppel DTG, delivered by Keppel FELS to the Brazilian operator Queiroz Galvão Óleo e Gás on October 27, 2009. The Gold Star and its sister unit Alpha Star will support Petrobras’ exploration and production activities offshore Brazil.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: UMW Holdings more info
- UMW Oil & Gas Seeks Drilling Contracts for 2 Newly Acquired Jackups (Feb 13)
- UMW Oil and Gas Pays $434M For Two Jackups (Feb 12)
- Keppel FELS Bags $218M Order for a Jackup from UMW Oil & Gas (Feb 07)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)
Company: Seajacks International Limited more info
- Lamprell Delivers Fourth Self-Propelled Jackup to Seajacks (Jun 04)
- Lamprell Wins Seajacks Rig Contract (Jul 17)
- Seajacks to Add 2 Installation Jackup Vessels to Fleet in 2012 (Feb 25)