TTS to Deliver JIM 20 Roughneck for Installation on Sakhalin Rig
TTS Sense, based in Kristiansand, Norway, has signed a contract with Parker Drilling for a JIM 20 Multi Purpose Roughneck. This JIM 20 will be installed on a new Exxon rig built for the Sakhalin field. This contract comes in addition to previously announced agreements with Parker Drilling where TTS Sense shall deliver Drilling Control systems, and a Mud equipment package.
The JIM 20 Multi Purpose Roughneck is a four-in-one machine; regular roughneck, casing roughneck, mud bucket and dope robot, all wrapped in an easy to use control system resulting in major safety improvements on the drill floor.
TTS Sense has sold several Multi Purpose Roughnecks, but this is the first unit sold to Parker Drilling and Exxon in the US market. Delivery of of the Multi Purpose Roughneck is scheduled for November 2010.
The JIM 20 Multi Purpose Roughneck can handle everything from small drill pipe all the way up to 20 inch casing. Available torque is 185,000 ft.lbs and the machine can support a 15 Ton stand.
TTS Sense delivers high performance drilling equipment for offshore and onshore applications. Our team consist of highly skilled engineers with many years of experience in delivering integrated drilling packages to international drilling market. Based on a unique combination of innovative solutions, patented products and use of best practices, our designs provide a safer, more efficient and integrated drilling environment.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Parker Drilling more info
Manages 17 Offshore Rigs
- Parker Drilling Appoints 2 New Board Members (May 01)
- Parker Drilling Names Interim CEO (Mar 06)
- Parker Drilling Wraps Up Alaska Drilling Rigs (Jan 17)