PPL Shipyard to Sell West Elara Jackup to Vietsovpetro
Sembcorp Marine reported that its subsidiary PPL Shipyard (PPL) has signed a contract to sell the West Elara jackup rig under construction to Vietsovpetro, the National Oil Company of Vietnam.
As per Sembcorp Marine's SGX-net announcement dated November 7, 2009, PPL Shipyard exercised its right to acquire from its owner the rig which is under construction. Following the acquisition, PPL proceeded to sell it to Vietsovpetro, which has now taken ownership.
Construction work is progressing as per schedule with delivery due in 3Q 2010. The jackup rig is built based on the proven PPL Pacific 375 Deep Drilling Jackup design.
The above transaction will have a positive contribution to the earnings per share of Sembcorp Marine for the year ending December 31, 2009 arising from the revenue and profit recognition based on percentage of recognition method.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Vietsovpetro more info
Operates 7 Offshore Rigs
Manages 5 Offshore Rigs
- PV Shipyard Hands Over Newbuild Jackup Tam Dao 05 to Vietsovpetro (Aug 16)
- PetroVietnam May Shut Down Fields, Trims Ouput if Oil Prices Dip Further (Feb 03)
- PV Shipyard Commences Keel Laying for Tam Dao 05 Jackup in Vung Tau (Nov 11)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)