Lundin to Conduct Exploration Drilling with Transocean Winner
Lundin Norway AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling with the Transocean Winner semisub in the North Sea. The consent relates to the drilling of exploration well 16/1-13, and possibly a sidetrack, 16/1-13 A. The well is located approximately 170 km west of Stavanger and is part of production license 338.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 58° 51' 17.33", E 2° 15' 17.76". The water depth at the site is approximately 110 meters.
Start-up of the drilling operations is planned for mid-December 2009. The activity has an expected duration of 45 days for well 16/1-13 and 21 days for the sidetrack. Any potential testing of the well will come in addition.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)