Normand Clipper Sets Sail to ATP's Telemark Hub Project
Engineering and Construction Company Clough Limited was contracted by US offshore oil and gas services company, Bluewater Industries, to provide installation support services associated with the innovative ATP Telemark Hub project in the Gulf of Mexico.
The scope of the work includes utilizing Clough's offshore construction vessel, Normand Clipper, to provide accommodation, construction crew transfer, fuel bunkering services and storage and transfer of construction materials required for platform installation activities. The Normand Clipper was selected for the job due to accommodation quality, fuel carrying and transfer ability, deck size and crane lifting and sea keeping capabilities.
ATP's Telemark Hub project will utilize a self contained floating drilling and production triple-column spar structure, the ATP Titan. This is the first hull configuration of this kind, comprising three columns linked by pontoons and offering higher variable load capacity and enhanced stability over traditional single-hulled spars. The development is expected to more than double ATP's existing production in 2010.
The ATP Titan hull was transported to site and upended to the vertical on November 15, 2009 to start the process of mooring to the seabed 1,160 meters below. Works to the inside of the hull will be carried out prior to topsides deck and module installation, hook-up and commissioning. The anticipated duration of the work for the Normand Clipper will be between 30-45 days.
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Clough Engineering Ltd. more info
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)