Oilex Prepares to Drill Ahead at Lore-1 in Timor Sea
Oilex has advised that the Loré-1 well, the first of a 2 well program in the Timor Sea contract area JPDA 06-103, is currently at a depth of 2,340 meters, preparing to drill ahead after setting intermediate casing.
The well is drilling the Loré prospect targeting mean prospective oil resources of 195 million barrels (100% basis). The well is anticipated to be completed by late December 2009. The Songa Mercur semisubmersible drilling rig has been contracted to drill two wells in JPDA 06-103 (with an option of one additional well). After drilling the Loré-1 well, the rig will move to the Lolotoe prospect which is targeting mean prospective oil resources of 90 million barrels (100% basis).
JPDA 06-103 is a highly prospective offshore oil exploration block and is located near to a number of existing producing fields as well as Eni's recent Kitan oil discovery currently under development.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)