ConocoPhillips Turns on Taps at North Belut Gas Field
According to a report by Dow Jones Newswires, ConocoPhillips announced Thursday that gas production commenced on November 16 at the North Belut field, located in Indonesia's South Natuna Block B.
The North Belut field is anticipated to reach production of 200 million standard cubic feet per day by 2010, with 20,000 barrels per day of condensate and liquefied petroleum gas, the report said.
Initial production was slated to begin in September, but the startup was delayed by the operator over concerns about the field's production stability, Dow Jones noted.
ConocoPhillips operates South Natuna Block B with a 40% interest in the production sharing contract; Inpex Natuna Ltd. and Chevron South Natuna B hold the remaining 35% and 25% interests, respectively.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
- Inpex Says Floating Unit For Australia LNG Project To Set Sail Soon (Jul 10)