WesternGeco Deploys UniQ Land Seismic System in Kuwait
WesternGeco has deployed the UniQ point-receiver land seismic acquisition and processing system in Kuwait for Kuwait Oil Company (KOC). The system is currently acquiring data from 45,000 live point-receiver channels utilizing WesternGeco DX-80 Desert Explorer vibrators and MD Sweep technology.
Part of the Q-Technology portfolio, the UniQ system combines extreme channel count point-receiver technology with support for advanced simultaneous source techniques. Building upon the fidelity provided by the broad bandwidth geophone accelerometer sensor, UniQ can support up to 150,000 live channels at a two-millisecond sample interval.
"The point-receiver fidelity, advanced source techniques and tailored noise removal opportunities provided by UniQ generate high-quality seismic data, enabling decisions to be made faster and with more confidence," said Marwan Moufarrej, vice president, Land, WesternGeco.
The WesternGeco suite of advanced geophysical services includes electromagnetic services and the Q-Technology point-receiver high-fidelity seismic acquisition-to-inversion platform.
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)
Company: WesternGeco more info
- OGA Awards Contracts for UK Government Funded Seismic Campaign (Jul 13)
- WesternGeco Unveils Enhanced Imaging Technique (Apr 23)
- TGS Begins Gulf of Mexico Survey with WesternGeco (Dec 12)
Company: Kuwait Oil Company more info
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Weir Oil & Gas Secures KOC Wellhead Contract (Nov 07)
- Amec FW Clinches KOC's FEED Contract to Upgrade OGC in Kuwait (May 27)