Aker Solutions Supplies Subsea Systems for P-55 at Roncador
Aker Solutions has signed two contracts to supply subsea connection systems for the P-55 platform, which will operate at the Roncador field offshore Brazil. Contract value is undisclosed.
The contracts were signed with Petrobras and Subsea 7, for the following scope of work:
- Petrobras: Three Plets (pipeline-end termination systems), two rigid jumpers, tools and accessories
- Subsea 7: Two sets of 12" Plets, one set of 12" ILT (t-shaped pipeline), tools and accessories
This equipment will be responsible for oil and gas pipelines interconnection of module 3 of the P-55 platform, which will start its activities in 2013 at the Roncador field in Campos Basin offshore Brazil.
With these two contracts Aker Solutions will be the sole supplier of connection systems for P-55 platform, with both sides of the P-55 utilizing the company's connection systems.
"Our experience in providing Plet connection systems, with over 30 units installed in Brazil, was a key factor to secure these partnerships," said Delio Lopes, sales manager for Aker Solutions in Brazil.
The Roncador Field is located in the north area of Campos Basin, around 125 km from the coast. It covers 111 square kilometers with water depths ranging from 1,500 to 1,900 meters.
Contract party is Aker Solutions do Brasil Ltda.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)