Petroamerica Farms-In to CPO-1 Block in Llanos Basin
Petroamerica has been awarded a farm-in by Pacfic Rubiales Energy Corp. on the CPO-1 Block which is located in the Llanos Basin of Colombia. This farm-in results from Petroamerica Oil Corp.'s participation in a recently completed private competitive bid process conducted by Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.
The company will provide 100% of the total investment required to complete the first phase of the minimum exploratory program (MEP) for the block, in exchange for a 50% working interest in the block. The 36 month-long first exploration phase of the MEP requires a minimum investment of US $9.6 million, which will be spent on the acquisition of 200 km of 2D seismic, the drilling of one exploratory well and geological and geophysical studies.
The CPO-1 Block lies on trend and to the northeast of the Caracara field.
- Petroamerica Updates Testing Results from Colombia Well (Apr 09)
- Drilling Commenced at Pacific Rubiales' Colombia Well (Jul 11)
- Petroamerica to Farm-Out Los Ocarros Block (Jul 05)
Company: Pacific Rubiales Energy more info
- Pacific Rubiales Posts Record Drop as Alfa Takeover Bid Quashed (Jul 09)
- Mexico's Alfa Says Offer for Pacific Rubiales is 'Fair and Final' (Jun 26)
- InterOil Spuds Triceratops-3 Well in Papua New Guinea (Jun 15)