Ocean Vanguard to Spin Bit Northeast of Snorre in December
Statoil has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea using the Ocean Vanguard semisubmersible drilling rig.
The consent relates to the drilling of well 34/4-12 S and sidetrack 34/4-12 A. The well is part of production license 057 and is located northeast of Snorre.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 61° 33' 08.1", E 02° 17' 37.7". The water depth at the site is 382 meters.
According to the application for consent, the drilling activity will commence in December 2009 as soon as Ocean Vanguard has concluded the drilling of exploration well 6507/3-8. The activity has an estimated duration of 78 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)