Keppel to Revamp 2 of Noble's Brazil-Based Drillships
Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd (Keppel O&M), through its subsidiary, Keppel FELS Brasil, has secured contracts from Noble Corporation (Noble) to upgrade and repair two of Noble's Brazil-based drillships for US$304 million (S$421.6 million).
The scope of work covers the fabrication, repair and replacement of components, including the stern section, accommodation blocks, sponsons and heliport.
Work on the drillships, Noble Leo Segerius and Noble Roger Eason, will be done sequentially at Keppel's BrasFELS yard in Angra dos Reis, beginning with the arrival of the first drillship by early 2011. The two deliveries are scheduled between the last quarter of 2011 and the first half of 2012 respectively.
Meanwhile, both parties are in advanced talks on the upgrading of a third Brazil-based drillship operated and majority-owned by Noble.
Tong Chong Heong, CEO of Keppel O&M said, "Keppel O&M's network of global yards continues to advance the Group as the choice partner for the building, repair, upgrading and completion of offshore vessels across the world.
"We are greatly encouraged that Noble has chosen to work with Keppel FELS Brasil again. We hope to deepen this valued relationship and affirm their trust in our commitment to deliver the projects safely, on time and within budget."
When completed, Noble Leo Segerius and Noble Roger Eason will be deployed offshore Brazil to meet the requirements of Petrobras' extensive drilling plans.
BrasFELS has recently completed the upgrade of semisubmersible the Noble Paul Wolff and is currently assisting Noble with the final stages of the Company's Noble Dave Beard, which arrived in Brazil earlier this year.
Tong added, "We have been equipping the BrasFELS yard and training our workers to take on more sophisticated jobs over the years, transferring expertise, technology and systems from our Singapore yards to Brazil.
"As a result, our BrasFELS yard is today the most comprehensive offshore and marine facility in Latin America, and has been able to help to meet Brazil's requirements for greater local content.
"I am confident that we have prepared our BrasFELS yard well to participate meaningfully in the new jobs from Petrobras and drillers operating in Brazil and the region."
The contracts are not expected to have material impact on the net tangible assets or earnings per share of Keppel Corporation for the current financial year.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)