RWE Dea Turns on Taps at Topaz Gas Field
RWE Dea UK has successfully commenced Production from the Topaz gas field. The field is located in the UK Southern Gas Basin in the RWE Dea operated Blocks 49/2a and 49/1a. Commissioning tests continue and the well is not yet operating at full choke.
The Topaz gas field ties back to the Schooner platform (Tullow) via 15 kms of newly laid 6-inch diameter pipeline. Gas is then transported onward to the Caister Murdoch System (ConocoPhillips) and Theddlethorpe Gas Terminal in the UK.
Rene Pawel, RWE Dea's UK Managing Director said, "We are delighted to have achieved first gas production from Topaz which was discovered in 1987. Our development team has worked closely with the Department for Energy and Climate Change, joint venture partners GDF Suez E&P UK Ltd and Faroe Petroleum, host operators and many contractors in successfully achieving this milestone."
RWE Dea plans to further increase gas production from the UK Continental Shelf and will continue its investment programme which so far has led to a production level of over 70 mmscf/d of equity gas for RWE Dea UK today.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)