Petrobras Ranks as Sixth Biggest Energy Company by Platts
Petrobras carved out the sixth spot in the top 250 Global Energy Company ranking posted by Platts, one of the leading global providers of information about energy and commodities. The Company rose six positions compared to last year, and outperformed companies from emerging countries of the likes of Russia and China. The improved performance reflects Petrobras' financial health and the successfully discoveries made in the pre-salt area. The top 250 company ranking features the energy companies with the best global performances and is based on a combination of assets, revenues, profit and return on capital using data from the Capital IQ, a database compiled and maintained by Standard & Poor's.
Platts real-time news, prices and analyses serve the oil, natural gas, electricity, emissions, nuclear energy, coal, petrochemicals, remittances, and metals markets in more than 150 countries. Petrobras' performance in the Platts ranking reinforces the Company's vision of being one of the world’s top five integrated energy companies in 2020, and the preferred choice among its stakeholders.
Check out the top ten in the ranking:
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Rosneft Oil
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: Platts more info
- Platts: May Oil Demand Edges Up in China (Jun 21)
- Platts: Oil Demand in China Edges Higher in April (May 21)
- Platts: OPEC Sees Increase in March Production (Apr 05)