Fugro Acquires Major 3D Seismic Project Offshore Alaska
Fugro-Geoteam has entered into an agreement with Statoil USA E&P, Inc. for the acquisition and QC processing of 2400 square kilometers of 3D marine seismic program around Statoil's leases in the Chukchi Sea. The project is valued at approximately US $26 million (EUR 17 million), with an estimated duration up to three months. The survey is planned to take place from approximately early August into October 2010.
In consideration of the challenging conditions of the Chukchi Sea, combined with the limited acquisition window, Fugro-Geoteam and Statoil have agreed to utilise one of the world's newest and most technologically advanced, 'C-class' vessels. The large and modern C-Class vessels have a DNV ICE classification as well as the proven capability to tow an exceptionally high streamer count. The combination of which, will provide the capability to optimise production during the limited window.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)