DONG Reports Work-Related Fatality at Nini East
One person is dead after a work accident on board the Maersk Resolute drilling rig in the Nini East field. DONG Energy is the operator of the field. The deceased worked for one of DONG Energy's sub-contractors. The relatives have been informed.
The accident occurred at around 10 pm Sunday night. The details of the accident have yet to be determined. The situation is under control and no one else has been injured.
Crisis counsellors have arrived at the rig. DONG Energy and Maersk have sent an accident survey team to Maersk Resolute. The authorities, i.e. Esbjerg Police and the Danish Energy Authority, have been informed.
There were 103 people on board the Maersk Resolute at the time. The Nini East field is a part of the Siri cluster in the Danish sector of the North Sea, located about 240 km off shore. DONG Energy owns about 40% of Nini East and is the operator of the field. Noreco and RWEDea each own 30%.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)