Statoil Enters LOI to Buy More Time for Songa Trym
Songa Offshore has entered into a letter of intent with Statoil for the semisubmersible Songa Trym for operation in the Norwegian North Sea. The letter of intent is subject Statoil's partners' approval by November 19, 2009. The current contract expires February 1, 2011, while the renegotiated contract has extended the termination date until July 1, 2012, partly in exchange for a reduction in the dayrate for the remaining originally contracted period. The contract value for the period from December 1, 2009 until July 1, 2012 is US $344 million.
In addition Statoil has an option for one or two additional years, such option to be exercised by July 1, 2011.
If Statoil elects to exercise the option period, any cost associated with continued maintenance of the AOC from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway will be amortized and added to the day rate over the option period.
Additional upgrade to enhance the rig's subsea completion capabilities is under evaluation by Statoil, and any cost for this upgrade will be paid by Statoil under an amortization schedule for the remaining firm period of the contract.
The current manager of Songa Trym, Odfjell, will continue to manage the rig under a revised operating agreement between Songa and Odfjell with reduced management fee.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)