Det Norske Drills a Duster on Production License 321
Det norske, as operator of production license 321, has concluded drilling operations on exploration well 6306/6-2 with semisubmersible Aker Barents.
The well was drilled in 224 meters of water, in an area located about 80 kilometers northwest of Kristiansund and 65 kilometers east of the Ormen Lange field.The purpose of the well was to prove petroleum in upper Jurassic sandstones (Viking Group). The well was dry and the drill bit did not encounter reservoir rocks in the upper Jurassic.
This was the first exploration well in production license 321, which was awarded in the 18th licensing round in June 2004.
Well 6306/6-2 was drilled by Aker Barents. The rig will now mobilize to production license 469, where it will drill exploration well 6407/12-2 for operator GDF SUEZ E&P.
Partners in production license 321 are:
- Det norske (Operator); 25%
- Statoil; 20%
- Aker Exploration; 35%
- Talisman Energy; 20%
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)