Rocksource Reels in 13th Lease in Gulf of Mexico
Rocksource, through its subsidiary Rocksource Gulf of Mexico Corporation (RGOM), has been awarded another lease in the Western Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale 210. This brings the total number of awards to 13 with a further two bids pending. Announcement on the remaining leases is expected within the next few weeks.
The awards were granted and announced by the United States Minerals Management Service (MMS). RGOM will be designated operator and will have 100 percent equity in the new lease EB 512. The lease has a ten year lease period, with no further work program commitments.
Rocksource will present an update on its Gulf of Mexico portfolio in connection with the company's 3Q results presentation on November 12th.
- Obama Names New Head of MMS (Jun 15)
- Abbey Implements New Drilling Requirements (Jun 07)
- MMS Chief Resigns (May 27)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)