Eni, Gazprom Conduct South Stream, Upstream Pow-Wows
Eni and Gazprom teams met in Moscow on November 10, 2009, in the presence of Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni and Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller. Among the issues discussed was the competitiveness of the Russian gas in Europe and the development of the South Stream project, with particular reference to the potential entry of the French company Edf in the joint venture. Moreover, the development and the organization of the upstream activities of Severenergia was also discussed, confirming the target of the first production in 2011.
Talks between the two teams will continue in the coming weeks. The next meeting between the two CEO's is scheduled for December 11th in Venice, at the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the initial collaboration between Eni and Gazprom.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)