Woodside Awards Dual FEED Contracts for Pluto Expansion
Woodside has awarded dual contracts for Pluto Train 2 and Train 3 front-end engineering design (FEED) to Foster Wheeler and WorleyParsons (an unincorporated joint venture PJV) and KBR.
The total Woodside costs, including the dual contracts, for the FEED phase remain within the A$100-150 million guidance provided at the half-year briefing.
Woodside chose to award dual FEED contracts to provide the necessary due diligence for the engineering, procurement and construction management phase of Pluto Train 2 and Train 3 in the fastest time frame.
Foster Wheeler and WorleyParsons (an unincorporated joint venture PJV) and KBR are expected to complete the FEED studies in the second half of 2010.
The Pluto LNG Project incorporates gas production from two offshore fields: Pluto and Xena. Located offshore Western Australia, the gas fields are situated in the highly productive Carnarvon Basin.
Woodside Petroleum serves as the operator of the Pluto project with 90% interest. Kanasi Electric and Tokyo Gas each hold 5% interest in the project.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Tokyo Gas more info
- Tokyo Gas Gets Bangladesh LNG Terminal Feasibility Study Contract (Jul 27)
- PetroVietnam Gas, Tokyo Gas May Establish LNG JV in Vietnam (Jul 11)
- Tokyo Gas Buys Eagle Ford Shale Stake, Despite Loss from Prior US Purchase (Jun 21)
Company: Foster Wheeler more info
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)