Subsea 7 Tapped for Services at Caesar/Tonga Complex
Subsea 7 has announced the award of an engineering, construction and installation contract by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for development of the Caesar/Tonga complex in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Subsea 7 workscope is to design, fabricate and install two manifolds and two Riser Base pipeline end manifolds, transport and install two flexible risers and to fabricate and install ten jumpers, two main umbilicals and associated flying leads. The flexible risers, umbilicals, valves and pipe will be free issued by Anadarko. Subsea 7 will also perform the pre-commissioning work scope for the pipeline and umbilical systems.
The engineering work will commence immediately, in the Subsea 7 Houston office. The installation will take place Q3/Q4 2010 using Subsea 7 pipelay and construction vessels.
Ian Cobban, Subsea 7's Vice President - North America Region stated, "We are pleased that Anadarko has selected Subsea 7 to perform this scope of work for Caesar/Tonga. This award will strengthen our relationship with Anadarko, emphasise our ability to work in deepwater and build upon our presence in the Gulf of Mexico as we work towards our vision of becoming the Subsea Partner of Choice in the region."
The Caesar/Tonga Development is located in the Green Canyon area tying back to the Constitution spar, located in Green Canyon block 680, approximately 170 nautical miles south southwest of New Orleans, LA in water depths ranging from 4280ft to 5130ft.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)