KBR Wins FEED Contract for Chevron's Big Foot Topsides Project
KBR has been awarded a contract by Chevron USA Inc. for the front-end engineering and design (FEED) of the topsides for the proposed Big Foot development facility. The Big Foot field is located in the Walker Ridge Block 29 of the Gulf of Mexico and is owned by Chevron USA Inc. (operator), Statoil Gulf of Mexico LLC and Marubeni Oil & Gas (USA) Inc. The proposed facility will be installed in 5,300 feet of water approximately 200 miles from New Orleans and 35 miles south of Chevron's producing Tahiti field.
The goal is to develop Big Foot with a dry-tree floating drilling and production facility. The hull would be an extended tension leg platform (ETLP), and the topside oil and gas processing facilities would include inlet separation, gas compression, dehydration and export, oil treatment and export pumping, produced water treatment, and required utility systems. Water injection facilities would be provided with the initial facility installation to enable reservoir pressure maintenance early in the life of the field. KBR will provide engineering and project management services to develop the process design; specify the required equipment; layout, modularize and integrate the decks; perform the necessary structural analyses; and provide the electrical power generation and distribution system designed to support the platform and the downhole electrical submersible pump requirements. KBR will also assist Chevron in estimating the cost of the facility and plan the subsequent phases of the development.
"We are proud to have been selected as the contractor of choice by Chevron for the Big Foot topsides project," said Roy Oelking, Executive Vice President, KBR Oil and Gas. "We are pleased with the opportunity to reenter the offshore engineering market in the Gulf of Mexico alongside an industry leader such as Chevron. I am confident that KBR will tap into its vast engineering portfolio and execute a quality FEED for our client."
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Marubeni Corp more info
- JOGMEC, Inpex, Marubeni Ink Exploration Deal with Rosneft (Dec 15)
- Indonesia's Small-Scale LNG Plans Face Several Challenges (Apr 15)
- MODEC Secures Japanese Partners in Petrobras FPSO Project (Apr 14)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)