Tullow Oil Says Ghana Offshore Production a Year Away
ACCRA, Ghana (Dow Jones), Oct. 28, 2009
Tullow Oil Ghana will start producing from the offshore Jubilee oil field in just over a year, an official said Wednesday.
The official, who didn't want to be named, said production is 368 days away, but wouldn't say how much is expected to be produced when full operation begins.
Jubilee is estimated to have between 600 million to 1,200 million barrel of reserves.
The spokesman also said the operations wouldn't be affected by operator Kosmos Energy's decision to sell its 30.875% stake in the field ExxonMobil has agreed to pay $4 billion for the stake, but that could be disrupted by China National Offshore Oil Co., which is contemplating a rival bid in collaboration with Ghana National Petroleum Corp.
"Our operations would however not be affected by whatever happens to Kosmos because Tullow is committed to remaining in Ghana," the spokesman said.
He also said Tullow is involved in prospecting in other areas around the Deep Tano, Shallow Tano and the Chinebuah offshore fields.
Asked if Tullow would move to prospect onshore, he said: "If the Jubilee Fields prove successful, we might look at onshore projects."
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
- BP, Kosmos Make Major Gas Find Off Coast Of Senegal (May 08)
- BP to Create New LNG Hub in Africa with Latest Kosmos Buy (Dec 19)
Company: Ghana National Petroleum more info
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- National Petroleum: Ghana Oil Output To Hit Up To 110,000 Bpd In 2014 (Apr 08)
- Ghana President Names New Head of State Oil Company (Sep 20)