Spectraseis Forms JIP for Low Frequency Seismic Research
Spectraseis, a leading provider of low frequency seismic solutions to the upstream oil & gas industry, has formed a multi-year Joint Industry Project (JIP) for the research and development of low frequency seismic technologies for hydrocarbon reservoir detection and characterization. This cooperative program is called the Low Frequency Seismic Partnership (LFSP).
Confirmed participants in the LFSP, which will run for three years through 2012 are Cairn, Chevron, ExxonMobil, GDF Suez and Pemex. An Asian national oil company will join the LFSP over the coming months.
The scope of the LFSP program will cover key application elements of low frequency seismic technology, such as data acquisition and processing, as well as fundamental theoretical studies, in partnership with researchers at Spectraseis, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich and the University of Bern, Switzerland. Participants will be at the leading edge of the latest research on low frequency seismic applications and will learn how to extract the maximum value from this technology for their companies.
Spectraseis CTO, Rob Habiger, said, "We are very excited to be launching this industry collaboration today which will expand the body of core research around this important topic. We are looking forward to working with an outstanding group of international operators. The experience and technical expertise they bring will help us to continue our strong focus on the application of low frequency seismic solutions to meet important industry challenges."
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)
Company: Spectraseis Technologie AG more info
- Spectraseis Launches New Software to Support Commercial LF Seismic Surveys (Jul 07)
- Spectraseis Completes Survey for Shell Egypt (Jan 26)
- Spectraseis Forms JIP for Low Frequency Seismic Research (Oct 26)