PSA Approves StatoilHydro's Plan to Drill Well 6507/3-8
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea using the Ocean Vanguard semisub.
The consent relates to the drilling of exploration well 6507/3-8, which is part of production license 159B. The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 65° 59' 28.2", E 7° 59' 27.7".
The plan is to commence drilling as soon as the Ocean Vanguard has concluded the drilling of exploration well 6608/10-13.
The planned start-up date for drilling is in early November 2009. The operation has an estimated duration of approximately 42 days.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)